How to submit
The Journal of Cultural Economy has a broad interdisciplinary and international mandate. The journal accepts article submissions for peer review that demonstrate conceptual innovation based on original and rigorous empirical research, as well as sustained engagement with a clearly defined set of scholarly literatures or debates.
JCE uses the ScholarOne system to process its articles and manage the double-blind peer review process. Please consult the publisher website for full information on how to use this system. Manuscripts should be submitted here.
Detailed information on how to prepare your manuscript can be found here. This should be consulted before submission. The most important requirements are as follows:
- Manuscripts are accepted in English.
- A typical manuscript will not exceed 9,000 words, including notes and references.
- Manuscripts should be compiled in the following order: title page (including acknowledgements as well as funding and grant-awarding bodies); abstract; keywords; main text; references; appendices (as appropriate); figure(s) and table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figure caption(s) (as a list).
- Please ensure that the main text is fully anonymized.
- Please also upload a separate file containing brief (2-4 sentence) biographical details of each author. This will save time if/when your article is accepted for publication.
Special Issue & Themed Section proposals
The journal welcomes proposals for Special Issues and Themed Sections. For guidelines about the form these should take, see this post, which includes a sample proposal.
Reviews and Commentaries Section
The journal also welcomes submissions to its Reviews and Commentaries Section: single-book reviews, multi-book review essays, and other, more creative suggestions. A submission guide and style checklist can be found here (pdf). Please contact our Reviews and Commentaries Editor for more information; we suggest reaching out and proposing a review before submitting.
For further information on copyright and authors’ rights, free article access and reprints and journal copies, see the publisher’s website.