How to submit
The Journal of Cultural Economy has a broad interdisciplinary and international mandate. The journal accepts article submissions for peer review that demonstrate conceptual innovation based on original and rigorous empirical research, as well as sustained engagement with a clearly defined set of scholarly literatures or debates.
Detailed information on how to prepare your manuscript can be found here. This should be consulted before submission. The most important requirements are as follows:
- Manuscripts are accepted in English.
- A typical manuscript will not exceed 10,000 words, including notes and references (but this is not a hard and fast rule).
- Manuscripts are uploaded using the publisher’s submission portal.
- Please ensure that the main document you upload is fully anonymised.
- Please also upload a separate file containing brief (2-4 sentence) biographical details of each author. This will save time if/when your article is accepted for publication.
Authors submit their manuscripts online using the Taylor and Francis Submission portal. Manuscripts should be submitted here.
Special Issue & Themed Section proposals
The journal welcomes proposals for Special Issues and Themed Sections. For guidelines about the form these should take, see this post, which includes a sample proposal.
Reviews and Commentaries Section
The journal also welcomes submissions to its Reviews and Commentaries Section: single-book reviews, multi-book review essays, and other, more creative suggestions. A submission guide and style checklist can be found here (pdf). Please contact our Reviews and Commentaries Editor for more information; we suggest reaching out and proposing a review before submitting.
For further information on copyright and authors’ rights, free article access and reprints and journal copies, see the publisher’s website.